We are here to help.
Every institution dedicates itself to the military and veteran community when they participate in the Military Friendly® Schools Survey. Understanding where you need to improve is important. We are here to help. Click on your designation below to find out more.
Find out how to expand and improve your military program and ensure you meet requirements of the survey
Countless institutions do not complete their survey. Make sure you submit the survey and if you want confirmation, send the Survey Team an email! Extensions will not be accepted under any circumstances. If you find yourself stuck on a section, just go to militaryfriendly.com/support and we will be happy to help.
One of the most important components of the Survey is meeting the metrical benchmarks. Many institutions fall short or do not even fill this sections out. An institution must meet 3/6 of the benchmarks below:
– Graduation rate for all students or veteran students alone is 50% or higher
– 1 year retention rate for all students or veteran students alone is 50% or higher
– 2 year retention rate for all students or veteran students alone is 50% or higher
– Loan default rate for all students or veteran students alone is 20% or lower
– Job placement rate for all students or veteran students alone is 50% or higher
– Transfer rate for all students or veteran students alone is 50% or higher
Federal Caution Flags are found via public databases. You can see if your institution is flagged on https://www.vets.gov/gi-bill-comparison-tool. If you do not believe that your institution should have these flags, contact the VA directly.
– Heightened Cash Monitoring (F/S Late/Missing)
– Heightened Cash Monitoring (Audit Late/Missing)
– Heightened Cash Monitoring (Financial Responsibility)
– Flight Program – Suspended for 85/15 violation
– Heightened Cash Monitoring (Administrative Capability)
You can also find if you are on the HCM list via the Dept. of Education here: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/about/data-center/school/hcm
Institution will not be designated Military Friendly® if it has their accreditation on probation, regardless of reason.
When certain institutions fall slightly short of the requirements they have an opportunity to earn the designation through the voice of their military community.
- What is the Veteran Student Survey process?
If you are eligible for the for the VSS, you will be notified. Upon notification that you are able to participate, you begin the steps below.
- Step 1: Send out the link to your military community.
The simple survey will come with a link, similar to to the Military Friendly® Schools Survey. The participants can answer as little as one question, or as much as ten.
- Step 2: Encourage and wait!
Your military community on campus must net-promote your institution. During the limited amount of time you have to get either 500 responses or 20% of your military community. If you get the required score and responses, your designation will change to Military Friendly®.
Here is a list of the possible reasons your institution could end up on the Bad Actors List. If you have any questions about this, please reach out to the Survey Support Team.
Violations of Dept. of Education laws and regulations regarding Veterans, the GI Bill, or any other action (That may not involve Veterans) that the DoE considers negative.
Violations of Dept. of Veteran Affairs laws and regulations regarding Veterans, the GI Bill, or any other action that the VA considers negative.
Accreditation issues or loss of Accreditation on any level due to findings of the Dept. of Education.
For-Profit entity or any institution that takes advantage of students with predatory practices.